- More Able, Gifted and Talented
- Careers & Guidance
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Useful Resources
- Film Club
- Interact Club
- Sixth Form
- Sports & House Matches
- Academy Council
- Key Stage 4 Options
- Greenpower Racing
- Virtual Driving Simulator
- Combined Cadet Force
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Music and Drama
Key Stage 4 Options
This information booklet has been designed to help students, with their parents, to decide what would be the best programme of study for them at Key Stage 4. This is a crucial stage of a child’s education and so it is important that decisions made are fully informed. This booklet will help in that respect, as will the Year 9 Curriculum Evening on 24 January. In addition, each subject will be running a ‘Taster session’ to give a flavour of what studying the subject at Key Stage 4 will involve.
Each student has a personalised Options Form which is due to be returned by Friday 23 February. Forms may be handed in no earlier than Monday 19 February. All forms handed in by Friday 23 February are given equal consideration when assigning to option blocks. Late forms will be given lower priority, which may be an issue if some courses become full. It is important, therefore, to ensure the form is handed to the student’s form tutor between the 19 -23 February.
Things to consider:
- What particular skills and talents do I have?
- Do I perform well in exams or am I better suited to coursework?
- Am I good at understanding abstract and theoretical concepts or do I find it easier when things are related to real life?
- Do I have a career goal in mind?
- Do I have an idea of what I would like to study in Sixth Form?
Below are PDF versions of the Key Stage 4 Curriculum Booklets for both Ruskington and Sleaford.
|Sleaford KS4 Curriculum Booklet||Ruskington KS4 Curriculum Booklet|