In order to capture history and memories which tell as story!
Photography is an art, which can be used to enrich the beauty or expose the cruelty of events and subjects. Visual imagery can be used to capture the emotions and moments which cannot be expressed by words. Cameras are used as a creative tool to tell a story and represent and interpret history. As in traditional art, photography fosters creativity, discipline and focus. It makes you look deeper and increases perception and analytical skills that benefit students and asks them understand themselves and the world around them in new and innovative ways. We aim to provide a stimulating and nurturing environment and deliver a wide skill set through an exciting and enjoyable curriculum that is:
- PERSONALISED - Assignments are written to allow students to take a personal route, with access to individual enquiries, which interest them
- INCLUSIVE - Photography is accessible to all students at KS5, equipment & studios are high quality & students have access to all hardware & software. Trips are offered to enhance student knowledge & experience
- BALANCED - Students are asked to review the past & present & how this influences the current industry. A balance between theory & practical is essential. Assignments produced ensure a wide range of photography is explored
- EFFECTIVE - A rigorous moderation process is in effect to ensure quality teaching & learning is present throughout the course. Through the course, students develop independent working skills & prepare them for the next stage of their life choices
- RICH - The courses has an abundance of, extra curricular opportunities which enhance over & above achieving their academic target. Photography not only enhance students creativity & self-confidence, trips allow students to travel & experience portfolio clubs support students university interviews, photography competitions & exhibitions allow students to feel proud & confident about their work, LRPS awards show dedication & skill
- COHERENT - Creative thinking involves exploration, trial & error, revision & collaboration alongside making, providing opportunity for extended writing, research skills, IT skills & cohesive thinking
- SEQUENTIAL - Workshops & skills based lessons are taught initially & students are challenged with making mistakes & comprehending how to overcome the problems, improving & realising a final outcome
Photography is a KS5 course option at Level 3 CTEC. It is also explored at KS4 GCSE Art.