- A Shakespearean Lecture
- Red Nose Day 2017
- A-Level German – more than just a Language
- Easter Revision Sessions – Raising the Grade
- St George's HEADS Towards the Future
- It’s Showtime for our Students
- What A Performance
- Award Success at Rock Challenge
- Girls Make Academy Footballing History
- Creating Inspiration and Imagination within our Libraries
On Your Marks - Get Set Cook!
On your Marks - fun into Food by Chartwells came to offer a 'cook off' for our students to show them the importance of healthy eating by looking at the nutrition, hygiene and safety before producing a healthy meal in 15 minutes. There were two teams, a red team and a green team who had to produce a two course menu against the clock. Four students, George, Kieran, Annie and Aimee and two members of staff, Mr Sweeting and Ms Hinks volunteered to take part. Each team created some great recipes; the red team cooked up Thai Fishcakes and 5 spiced noodles while the green team cooked up Cauliflower and Chickpea curry and spiced couscous. As part of the show the students got the chance to vote for the dish they thought was the best - the winner was The Red Team.
It was an exciting, educational and fun filled event!