- Spelling Bee Regional Finalists
- There’s No Business Like Snow Business
- Star Baker in Boston College Bake Off
- Netball and Football Sports Tour
- Gymnasts National Final Success
- 100 Million Minutes Reading Challenge
- Through the Looking Glass
- Voice It Music Masterclass
- Regional Music for Youth Festival
- Academy Production of Sister Act
Students Master Time
In the second of our special numeracy and literacy weeks, the Year 7’s have been concentrating on the topic of Time. Lessons this week have been developed to incorporate essential time skills, both from within the curriculum, as well as real life.
As with the Year 8's Apostrophes Week, time can be split into two main areas:
- Telling the time - 12hr clock, 24hr clock and worded time, and
- Solving problems involving the lapse of time – how much time has passed, when will something end and when did something begin
At the start of the week, students were shown an animated explanation of how to solve problems about the lapse of time, as well as being provided with a visual summary to stick in their planner. A copy of this can be download here.