- Creative Writing Workshop Visit
- Worldwide Language Competition
- World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Performances Galore for Music Students
- Greenpower Racing for Victory
- European Day of Languages
- Sports Presentation Evening 2018
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Boccia World Championship Experience
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
St George's Book Day Celebrations
After the snow delayed our World Book Day celebrations, the Academy went all out to ensure it was the best one yet. The English Department and libraries arranged lots of activities and competitions throughout the day. There were many staff members dressed up in characters from all sorts of different books which made an interesting sight around the Academy campuses.
The libraries had numerous activities including the ‘Great Book Swap Trolley’, ‘Hunt the Silhouette and ‘Guess the Book Title Anagram competition. As well as many word searches, colouring sheets and lots of other fun activities. Fantastic displays were created around both campuses which included staff's favourite book choices. These were a great talking point and created interest with the students.
Staff were all asked to provide photos of them ‘Reading in Unusual Places’ which proved rather popular when turned into a montage to be displayed to the students during form time.
The teachers and librarians were determined to ensure the day still went ahead, despite the weather as it is essential to raise awareness of the importance of reading, as it's key to students’ progress in all subjects. Their hard work certainly paid off and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day.