- Record Breaking Shoebox Collection
- Children in Need 2018
- The New Academy Newsletter - One Year On
- Shortlisted for Renaissance Award
- Onatti Perform 'La Salle des Enigmes'
- Students go 'Over the Top'
- Berlin Trip 2018
- Thomas is at the Epic Centre
- Boccia Workshop with World Number One
- Great Honour for Flight Sergeant Matthew
Sleaford Schools Choir Festival
Choirs from eight Sleaford Schools gathered in the hall at St George’s Academy for a Choir Festival. The event had been organised by Miss Vernon (Head of Music at St. George’s Academy) and Ms Quinton (Head of Music at Carre’s Grammar School) and it featured fantastic performances from the choirs of St. George’s Academy from both campuses, Carre’s Grammar, William Alvey, St. Botolph’s Primary School, St. Andrew’s Leasingham, Rauceby Primary and Our Lady of Good Counsel.
Each choir performed their own song – featuring a selection from Matilda, The Greatest Showman and Sister Act amongst others. All 250 students then joined forces to give a performance of ‘Up’ (made famous by Olly Murs) and ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams. The choirs had rehearsed the songs during the afternoon before giving a concert to parents. It was fantastic to see the amazing talents of the students, including some wonderful soloists. The children and parents left the event buzzing with excitement. We hope to repeat the event next year!