- Amazing Tales of Gold
- Student takes Silver at World Games
- A Level Results - Record Pass Rate of 99.5%
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Annual Careers Event Continues to Expand
- Summer Charity Fashion Show
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
- Our Trip to Boppard
- Tour Success for Harmony Group
- Blisteringly Hot Summer Cabaret
Pupils Help Launch SlamJam
Pupils from both campuses have taken part in a writing workshop led by acclaimed poet and rapper Mark Grist, which was held at the National Centre for Craft and Design in Sleaford. This was to launch the 2018 SlamJam Competition which is a regional spoken word competition for secondary school students.
Now in its 10th year, it gives young people the chance to write and perform on a subject of their choice. After experimenting with different ideas for writing their own performance poems, the pupils were able to entertain an audience of invited guests at the event.
Jan Kemp, SlamJam created director said: "The event was a perfect mix of different cultural and artistic genres, and the participating young people were in awe of the exhibitions that they had the chance to visit."
SlamJam 2018 will start in schools after Christmas, with a series of local competitions culminating in a grand final to be held in June.
Source | Sleaford Standard