- Lincolnshire No.1 Greenpower Team
- Music for Youth National Festival
- Award Winning Restorer to Cycle 100 Miles for Charity
- Students get together to improve reading skills
- Entire Year 7 Students Entertain Tutors in Assembly
- Outstanding Achievements From Athletes At National Finals
- Volleyball District Champions
- Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
- Students Save Bird of Prey
- Make way for the Eco Warriors
Principal announces his retirement
Wayne Birks, Principal of St George’s Academy, has announced that he is retiring at the end of the academic year. Mr Birks said: “ Several weeks ago, I informed the governors that 2018/9 will be my final year as Principal of St George’s Academy. I will be 60 years old next summer and will be into my 19th year of headship. The time has come to retire and pass on the baton.”
Despite announcing his retirement, Mr Birks does not intend to slow down. “The pace of St George’s development will not slow.” He informed staff recently. He continued “I am really looking forward to the year ahead; we have several key policy initiatives underway which will further build on the successes achieved in recent years.” Mr Birks also took the opportunity to praise his staff for their hard work and commitment to the students of St George’s Academy. “There is real sense of pace and momentum about both campuses” he wrote to staff “ and this is because of the huge levels of energy and enthusiasm you all bring to the ‘party’”.
St George’s governors have already established a working group to oversee the appointment of a new Principal and an advert will shortly be placed in the national press.