- Creative Writing Workshop Visit
- Worldwide Language Competition
- World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Performances Galore for Music Students
- Greenpower Racing for Victory
- European Day of Languages
- Sports Presentation Evening 2018
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Boccia World Championship Experience
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
Our Trip to Boppard
Year 8 have returned from their visit to Boppard, on the river Rhine near Frankfurt and Cologne, in Germany. Despite the long bus journey there and back, everyone remained in high spirits. It was fantastic to see the group outside the classroom and enjoying discovering the region. They worked hard using the German we’ve learnt in class this year for ordering drinks/food and buying souvenirs!
Highlights included a trip on the chair lift in Boppard to the so-called “Vierseenblick”, or 4 lakes view, where the hill tricks the eye to see four lakes instead of one big river. We also got magnificent views of the river Moselle and the vineyards on the valley sides from the pretty old castle at Cochem, which we went round on a guided tour. Traffic then meant that our bowling trip in the evening got delayed…make way for disco bowling with a live DJ! Everyone wore themselves out dancing and Matty and Alfie had some funky moves to the beat! We also found out that Mr Walker knew how to twerk too.
Our final day was at Phantasia Land theme park, near Bonn. The weather was beautiful so everyone loved getting soaked on the log flume!
What a fantastic way to end our year learning German.
Schöne Ferien – happy holidays - Mr Anderson!