- National Final for Photography Student
- Mistral Mania
- Thistle Only Take a Moment of Your Time...
- Sports Presentation Evening 2017
- Ready, Set, Bake!
- National Schools Golf Finalist
- Musical Performances Galore
- Success with the Royal Photographic Society
- Volleyball District Champions
- UCAS & Student Finance Information Evening
A-Level German – more than just a Language
With the A-Level exams just around the corner, Y13 German students from Sleaford Joint Sixth Form travelled to Boston Grammar School for a series of mini-lectures about life in East Germany. Along with groups from other sixth forms in the area, they learned about the history of the DDR, including how it became established at the end of the Second World War, and how the Stasi monitored and infiltrated daily life. They also considered how the past echos through the streets of Berlin to this day, and what the implications of all these reminders – both monuments and the so-called Ostalgie – are on both locals and tourists.
This was neatly linked into their cultural topics by being compared to the version of DDR-life that is depicted in the German literature they have studied, so helping them to build what they have learned into their essays.
A really useful day all round, our students agreed!