- Creative Writing Workshop Visit
- Worldwide Language Competition
- World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Performances Galore for Music Students
- Greenpower Racing for Victory
- European Day of Languages
- Sports Presentation Evening 2018
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Boccia World Championship Experience
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
A Glimpse Of The Future
Our Year 13 Computing students took a trip to the Future 2.0, an event organised by Lincoln University, showcasing the latest technologies within education. However, in order to add a bit of extra entertainment, the entire event had been themed around Star Wars.
Students were offered the chance to build robots to do battle in the battle zone, whilst chroma key and virtual reality were used to transport people into different worlds. Augmented reality was on offer to turn standard books into fully interactive learning experiences.
As well as bumping into the occasional Storm Trooper, four successful YouTube & Twitch Vloggers (The CaffCast, Goodboy, WillyB & SirCutieYuki) ran a couple of Q&A sessions describing how to become a successful video blogger.
Alongside tips on movie making, our students also enjoyed some light hearted fun, choreographing their own Star Wars Lightsaber battle sequence. Maybe they will use their new learned skills to become the next online sensation.