- Success at East Midlands Trampolining Competition
- Talk of the Town
- Visit to the Tower of London
- Annual Young Chef Competition
- Library Creates a Buzz of Excitement
- LincsHigher Reward Trip to Bauer Media, London
- The World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Anti-bullying Ambassadors
- Lifesaving Opportunities
- Wall Wins Award
A Day of Remembrance
On the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, at the eleventh hour, the Academy fell into silence as students and staff stopped to commemorate the contribution of British and Commonwealth military and civilian servicemen & women involved in the two World Wars and later conflicts.
Outside the main Academy building, Public Services students and student cadets paraded in unison before facing the Principal, Governors, and Head Student Team, who took turns to provide readings. Classroom downed tools, and surrounded by on-looking visitors, students and staff, the The Last Post was played on a cornet signalling the start of a two minute silence.
As our Public Services and cadets marched off to respectful applause, classrooms empathetically returned to their lessons.
“When you go home, tell them of us and say,
For your tomorrow, we gave our today.”
John Maxwell Edmonds