- Boccia World Championship Experience
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Annual Careers Event Continues to Expand
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
- Amazing Tales of Gold
- Summer Charity Fashion Show
- Royal Photographic Honour
- ESSA National Final Achievement
- Blisteringly Hot Summer Cabaret
- Tour Success for Harmony Group
Challenging our More Able, Gifted and Talented Students
Another successful trip for 6 of our More Able, Gifted and Talented (MAGT) students across the Academy. This is the fifth year running that the Technology Faculty have taken part in the MAGT challenge day, run by MCS.
This year, it was held at Bishop Grosseteste and I am very pleased to report that all students fully took part, representing the Academy in a very positive manner.
They came away from the event with two awards from two different challenges, demonstrating our student's ability to problem solve, work as a team (with students from other schools) and lateral thinking. A huge well done and thank you to the students.
The challenges on the day were;
- Robot Challenge; students had to programme a mobile Lego Mindstorms robot to undertake specific tasks.
- Electric Vehicle Challenge; students were required to assemble a small vehicle from kit pieces, with the aim of running the fastest vehicle across the set distance.
- EFIT Challenge; involved the creation of EFIT images using police software.
- Medical Challenge; students had to work out what was wrong with an unconscious patient, using a range of medical testing methods.
Each student felt proud of their own achievements and said the best part of the day was the different challenges available.
Congratulations to all the student who took part and did us proud.