- Children in Need 2018
- The New Academy Newsletter - One Year On
- Shortlisted for Renaissance Award
- Onatti Perform 'La Salle des Enigmes'
- Great Honour for Flight Sergeant Matthew
- Berlin Trip 2018
- Students go 'Over the Top'
- Thomas is at the Epic Centre
- Boccia Workshop with World Number One
- Lest We Forget
Berlin Trip 2018
A group of Year 11 pupils had the opportunity recently to visit Berlin. This allowed students to develop their understanding of Weimar, Nazi and Cold War Germany. They were able to visualise and experience the sights first hand which was a very eye-opening experience for all involved. They visited the Brandenburg Gate, the German National Museum, Sachsenhausen memorial site, Holocaust memorials, the Berlin Wall and Stasi Prison amongst other activities.
In addition they enjoyed trying lots of German food and the chance to be independent with a couple of nights away from home! It was a fantastic trip which was a great opportunity for these students.