BBC School News Report Day 2017
BBC School News Report Day ran for the 11th year, and once again our students got involved reporting the local and international news in our Academy TV Studio. During the day, students covered such stories as:
- Lincoln City’s amazing run to the last 8 of the FA Cup. One of our journalists was at the Emirates supporting her beloved Imps last weekend
- Anti-Cyber-Bullying week. .
- Slam Jam – inter-school performance poetry competition run by local Rotary clubs
- Sports Desk – Year 8 sport team update and the Lincoln 10k
- April’s Baby Watch – the internet phenomenon of waiting for April the giraffe to give birth
- Translation Bee – inter school competition, translating phrases into/from Spanish
- Rock Challenge – students at the Ruskington Campus combine Arts of Drama, Music and Dance together to be showcased at a public event
- Master Classes – a programme of lectures at the Ruskington Campus, delivered at lunchtimes by teachers, on subjects which you might not normally encounter in the classroom
- An interview with Mr Crawshaw about the Options for Year 9 students
- Green Power – Ruskington Campus’ electric cars, which take part in races all over the country
- Mourning the demise of GCSE Dance
All of which have been edited into the following video. Our students had a great day and look forward to doing it all again next year.