- Boccia World Championship Experience
- Students Display Citizenship Skills for School Garden
- Annual Careers Event Continues to Expand
- Greenpower Take The Checkered Flag
- Amazing Tales of Gold
- Summer Charity Fashion Show
- Royal Photographic Honour
- ESSA National Final Achievement
- Blisteringly Hot Summer Cabaret
- Tour Success for Harmony Group
Battle of the Bands
As part of their Double Music course, some of our Year 12 students organised a Battle of the Bands performance for our More Able, Gifted and Talent Year 8, 9 and 10 Music Students. Each Year 12 student was a mentor for a group of students who would 'battle' against each other in their final performance.
They had been working with the students since Christmas, rehearsing every Monday lunchtime. All the students worked extremely hard and the Year 12 students found them lovely to mentor. Year 12 student, Cliodhna said, 'They would come in every Monday lunch with a smile on their face, raring to go.'
The final performance was a roaring success with all students very excited but also nervous. They did all their mentors, group members, friends and family proud. The scores were very close and everyone was amazing but a huge congratulations to 'The Comedy Queens' who won the competition.
Cliodhna said, 'We are very proud of all they achieved during this project and hope that they enjoyed performing to the supportive audience. We hope that they all continue to perform in the future because they are all such talented individuals and proved that to everyone.'