- Lincolnshire No.1 Greenpower Team
- Music for Youth National Festival
- Award Winning Restorer to Cycle 100 Miles for Charity
- Students get together to improve reading skills
- Entire Year 7 Students Entertain Tutors in Assembly
- Outstanding Achievements From Athletes At National Finals
- Volleyball District Champions
- Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
- Students Save Bird of Prey
- Make way for the Eco Warriors
Athletes Reach ESAA National Finals for Second Year
For the second year in a row, St George’s Academy have managed to get a team into the English Schools’ Athletic Association Track and Field Cup National Finals, which takes place on Saturday 6th July in Chelmsford, Essex. This places them within the top 14 schools in the country.
All four of our teams had made it through to the Regional Finals in Derby (an amazing achievement in itself) where they faced the Top 8 athletics teams in the whole of the North Midlands. They continued to exceed expectations, displaying solid performances, high levels of maturity, and outstanding comradery throughout the event. All our athletes did themselves and the Academy proud, but it was the Junior Girls team who managed to beat all their competition to take first position, securing their place in the National Finals.
However, huge congratulations has to go to all of our teams, who battled incredibly hard, and after an agonising, incredibly close competition, our Inter Boys Team came away with second place. The Inter Girls came 3rd and Junior Boys 6th. St George’s Academy’s reputation for athletics continues to grow and we wish the best of luck to our Junior Girls for Chelmsford. You are all stars!