- Lincolnshire No.1 Greenpower Team
- Music for Youth National Festival
- Award Winning Restorer to Cycle 100 Miles for Charity
- Students get together to improve reading skills
- Entire Year 7 Students Entertain Tutors in Assembly
- Outstanding Achievements From Athletes At National Finals
- Volleyball District Champions
- Outstanding New Teacher of the Year
- Students Save Bird of Prey
- Make way for the Eco Warriors
Annual Careers Event Continues to Expand
The annual Careers Fair at St George's Academy saw nearly 900 pupils gain insight into university, apprenticeship and training opportunities. This is the fourth year of the event, this time with around 65 exhibitors attending. Careers advisor, Miss Jarvis said around 450 year 12 students from the three Secondary schools plus 380 year nines took part. She said, "It is growing each year and we even had a few former students who attended."
The event was sponsored by local employer, Tulip pork products of Ruskington. Another key local employer, Staples disposables, based near Fulbeck, were also keen to open young peoples eyes to the opportunities it offers working with national retailers.
Leisure and library contractors GLL were on hand as were the National Trust. Melissa Maynard from the Trust explained, "We have several sixth formers from Sleaford doing work experience with us. We do something called Takeover Day which is run by children in museums across the country, the students will be forming a visitor experience at Belton House this year. Last year students designed a house tour, garden and family craft activities. I am excited to see what this years students come up with"
Overall the careers fair opened up lots of opportunities for many of our students and we look forward to doing it again next year!
Source | Sleaford Standard