The broad dress code for Sixth Form is smart business wear. Sixth Form students are role models for the rest of the Academy and we would hope that members of the Sixth Form will maintain the appearance of a professional man or woman.
To help students the following guidelines have been drawn up:
- Smart suit
- Smart jacket and trousers
- Collared shirts, tucked in at all times, with tie
- Formal shoes
- Smart professional suit
- Smart jacket and full length trousers, skirt or dress
- Smart blouse or non-revealing top
- Formal shoes with low heels
- No short skirts, bare midriffs or revealing tops
- No open toe shoes
- No denim
- No sportswear, including hoodies/trackies/trainers
- No shorts
- No Ugg-style boots
- No extremes of hair as decided by the Principal
- No facial piercings
- Please do not wear excessive jewellery
- Discreet use of mobiles and iPods is permitted
Subject Specific Wear
Students in vocational areas, Science, Drama and PE will be able to wear appropriate clothing relating to the activity they are undertaking. This clothing will be available from the Academy's uniform stockist of from individual departments.
The final decision on the appropriateness of dress, hair, piercings and jewellery rests with the Principal and adhering to the dress code is a condition of membership of the Sixth Form.