Conduct Card Scheme
St George’s Academy have started something we call the Conduct Card Scheme, which is aimed at maintaining good basic standards.
The scheme rewards students who always try to do the right thing and works like this:
- Each pupil is given a conduct card at the start of every term. This card is exactly the right size to fit in a blazer top pocket and must be carried at all times.
- On the back of the card is a list of basic standards, which must be adhered to at all times. Failure to abide by this requested conduct will result in a staff signature being placed on the conduct card.
- The card consists of ten spaces. When the card is full of signatures, it is returned to the Student Support Office where a 1 hour after school detention will be issued.
- A new card will then be issued marked “Card 2”, and the process starts again.
- At the end of a term, any free spaces on the card will be turned into house points, and those who have managed to keep a clean sheet will be given 20 house points as well as qualifying for entry to further Year Group rewards.
Any pupil who cannot produce a conduct card when asked will automatically incur an after school detention.
This is a list of the Basic Standards as printed on the back of the conduct card:
- Shirts /Blouses must remain tucked in at all times, ties worn correctly.
- Trainers must only be worn on the field.
- Coats must not be worn in the buildings.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in corridors. (Water ONLY may be drunk and only in agreed subject areas). Vending machines must only be used before/afterschool, morning break or lunch break.
- No litter is to be dropped on the campus.
- No chewing gum or other banned substances/items are to be brought onto the campus.
- Students must arrive on time to registration and lessons.