Conduct Card Scheme
St George’s Academy use a Conduct Card Scheme, which is aimed at maintaining high basic standards.
The scheme rewards students who always try to do the right thing and works like this:
- Each pupil is given a conduct card at the start of every term. This card is exactly the right size to fit in a blazer top pocket and must be carried at all times.
- On the back of the card is a list of basic standards, which must be adhered to at all times. Failure to abide by this requested conduct will result in a staff signature being placed on the conduct card.
- The card consists of ten spaces. When the card is full of signatures, it is returned to the Student Support Office where a 1 hour after school detention will be issued.
- A new card will then be issued marked “Card 2”, and the process starts again.
- At the end of a term, any free spaces on the card will be turned into house points, and those who have managed to keep a clean sheet will be given 20 house points as well as qualifying for entry to further Year Group rewards.
Any student who cannot produce a conduct card when asked will automatically incur an after school detention.
This is a list of the Basic Standards as printed on the back of the conduct card:
- Uniform concerns.
- Late to registration or lesson. (3 signatures)
- Eating or drinking in the corridor/lesson.
- Dropping litter.
- Chewing gum/ banned items
- Incorrect equipment.
- Unacceptable language.
- Immature behaviour outside of a lesson.
- Out of designated area at lunchtime